Providing year-round recreation for families with swimming, playgrounds, tennis courts, softball diamonds, volleyball, picnic areas, walking path, and ice rink.
- Waterfront walkway
- Swimming area with float
- Paved and non-paved scenic hiking trails
- Plenty of daytime parking
- Public restrooms
- Gazebo and pavilion
- Picnic tables
- Tennis courts
- Softball diamonds
- Volleyball court
A large area is marked out with a float raft at one end.
Hiking and Running
There's a paved and woods trail which forms a loop.
Rotary Lake at the center of the park is the focal point for birders. During the fall it is the epicenter of the a local spectacle as thousands of Snow and Canada Geese descend upon it each day.
These honking throngs often contain less common species – such as Cackling, Greater White-fronted, and Ross’s Geese in their midst — and birders should bring a scope to help them sift through the flocks. The water can also attract migrating ducks such as Common and Hooded Mergansers, among others.
- The Rec Park Fun Runs are held on Wednesday evenings In July and August, with 1.5 mile and 5K courses
- Free “Creating with our Head, Hands and Heart” workshops held at the Duane Street Pavilion (adult must accompany children under 8 years of age; contact 518-483-3550)
- Summer playground activities and story hour
- Stargazing club