Malone Golf Club is a destination golf course for professionals and newbies alike. It has two courses, the East Course and West Course, with a total of 36 holes, and it offers classes with a pro. It was designed by the famed golf course architect Robert Trent Jones. East Course includes one of the best pure classic nines anywhere, and West Course is a mix of water hazards and sand bunkers. Golf Digest even awarded Malone Golf Club with four-and-a-half stars and they received the "Good Service" seal. Below are some reasons to plan your next game there. Don't forget to check out the rest of the Adirondack region while you're here!
Before you begin with the list, here are some highlights:
1) The two courses offer variety and challenges. While you're here, see if you agree with New York Golf magazine's description of Robert Trent Jones' layout of the West Course: "The challenges are numerous: strong wind effect, major water hazard, serious trouble behind the green and sand bunkers ringing the putting surfaces."
2) Golf with a pro, no matter your skill level. Read more about what to expect if you try this amazing opportunity. A pro will give you tips and tailor his or her lessons to your needs.
3) The views are stellar. You are in the Adirondacks, after all.
4) The amenities are unbeatable. The clubhouse, which boasts beautiful locker rooms, a modern pro shop, a great restaurant, and relaxing lounge, is both accommodating and lovely.
5) Enjoy a great place to eat and drink. After your game sit back with some great food, great beer, and great views at The Grille Room in the clubhouse. Their outdoor deck overlooks the greens.
6) They offer great golf packages that include accomodations and unlimited golf. And, they accept Canadian cash at par.
This week in ADK news: